Redbrain Labs - Join us and help shape the future.
Redbrain is the World's #1 Incremental Sales Engine. Everyday we get 100m impressions, 1.5m clicks, and £1.5m in incremental sales for our retailers! Redbrain is the power behind e-commerce sales and we are looking for amazing people to come and join our Labs team.
Redbrain Labs is our internal cross-functional product development team where experimentation & learning is the name of the game. Our team are explorers, those who seek out the new and unfamiliar. We PLAY in a different space. Creating lean minimum viable products and proof of concepts to enable us to make the decisions that help us establish where we head next.
We work FAST exploring, building & testing market opportunities for new products/traffic channels for current and emerging markets. Seeking the BIG WINS, transformative game changers that disrupt the space. Those that deliver long term results, drive e-commerce sales and generate big revenue.
We want to build, learn and improve every week and are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a minimum of 5+ years with a passion for learning new things. A problem solver who is VERY comfortable working to develop POC's and MVP’s in order to prove out ideas and test traction in the marketplace.
This role is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly developing team. We believe in setting ourselves up for success, hence you will be:
- Surrounded and supported by brilliant individuals
- Challenged and expected to take initiatives and try new things
- Empowered to build strategies and processes
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 5+ years hands on experience at Senior Level in a modern development language; Go, Rust, C/C++, C#, Java, Python or even Node.
- A problem solver who understands the importance of investigation & research and is able to define & propose a variety of approaches in response to a diverse range of challenges.
- You will have the ability to think differently; see the bigger picture & opportunity, whilst also being able to focus on the finite detail.
- You will have the ability to help the team prioritise and identify what question we’re going to tackle next, using techniques such as user story mapping and using data to help guide our thinking.
- Project planning through the creation of MVP documentation/project wireframes /tracking (via JIRA) and technical oversight/review of all tech projects prior to sharing with the snr management team.
- Help the team distill high level product objectives down into practical learning experiments that are easily understood by all.
- Through your experience be able to ensure that our data is kept fresh, efficiently, when fed from APIs, FTP feeds, etc.
- Advise on how do we make the most of hyperscale technologies, e.g. in GCP
- Have the experience to be able to define when it’s best to scrape, outsource, buy or build?
- A great team player who is confident, can lead by example and empower others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Delivers high quality results consistently.
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you.